post type: recipe
Do you want to build a snowman? These cupcakes are perfect for every celebration.
Inspired by your kid’s favourite snowman, bring Olaf to the table for a tasty treat.
- 12 cupcakes, baked and cooled
- Buttercream frosting
- Soft toffee pieces cut into 12 narrow triangle noses
- 24 mini chocolate chips or sugar eyes (you can get sugar eyes from most craft or cake supply shops)
- 12 mini marshmallows cut in half for Olaf's mouth
- Several strands of black liquorice for his hair
- 250g soft butter
- 500g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
In the bowl of your food mixer, beat the soft butter until light and fluffy.
Add the icing sugar and vanilla, and beat on slow till its incorporated then beat fast for 2-3 minutes till light and fluffy.
Set aside a few spoonfuls of frosting and colour with black food colouring.
Fill a piping bag fitted with a jumbo round piping nozzle with the white frosting.
Fill another piping bag fitted with a small round piping tip.
Pipe a swirl of white frosting on each cupcake to make up Olaf's body.
Add the eye and nose features and liquorice hair.
Using the black frosting, pipe on the huge grin and eyebrows.
Add the marshmallow to the mouth for his teeth.