post type: recipe
Stuffed with sweet strawberry scent, Lotso is determined to be the top bear in Toy Story 3
This frozen berry soup is inspired by everyone’s favourite fruity bear.
- 300g frozen cherries (no added sugar)
- 150g frozen strawberries (no added sugar)
- 450g frozen mixed berries
- Juice and zest of one lime
- 300ml water
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g low fat vanilla yoghurt
Place berries, water, juice, zest, ginger and honey in a medium pot.
Bring to a simmer. As the berries start to soften, mash with a spoon.
When all the berries are soft and mashed, transfer the liquid to a blender.
Blend until smooth and then strain into a bowl with a fine mesh sieve to remove any seeds. Chill.
When cold, whisk in the vanilla extract and yoghurt. Serve cold, garnished with fresh sliced strawberries.