post type: recipe
It’ll make you feel good, Inside Out.
This fresh and veg-packed pasta is inspired by the happiest emotion around, joy! Simple to make and a great mid week dinner idea for the whole family.
- 50ml fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 200g whole wheat pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 350g frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, cooked according to package directions
- 1 green, red or yellow pepper, chopped into 1cm pieces
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest (optional)
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely minced parsley
While pasta and vegetables are cooking, whisk together lemon juice, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking all the while, to form an emulsion.
When both the pasta and vegetables are done, drain off any excess water and add to the bowl with the dressing while still warm.
Add pepper, tomatoes, spring onion, lemon zest (if using) and Parmesan cheese to the bowl and gently stir to combine.
Chill until cold.
Garnish with minced fresh parsley before serving.