post type: recipe
Dumbo loves peanuts and your family will love the peanut dip that accompanies this lunch time treat.
Super simple to put together and packed full of salad and prawns. If prawns aren’t your kids favourites you can substitute for any cooked meat.
- 8 rice paper spring roll wrappers
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced into thin matchsticks approx 5 x 2 x 2cm
- 1/2 cucumber sliced into thin matchsticks approx 5 x 2 x 2cm
- 1 green, red or yellow pepper, sliced into thin matchsticks approx 5 x 2 x 2cm
- 250g peeled and deveined prawns, steamed or sauteed
- For peanut sauce - 120g reduced fat peanut butter
- 100ml hot water
- 1 + 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp reduced salt soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp Sriracha sauce
Fill a wide bowl with warm water. Working one at a time, soak one rice paper sheet in the water until softened and then transfer it from the bowl to a cutting board.
Lay lettuce leaves in the centre of the circle and top with 3 or 4 carrot sticks, leaving a wide border with no vegetables.
Repeat with the cucumbers and peppers, stacking them alongside and on top of the carrotsticks and lettuce.
To close your salad roll, pull the sides of the wrapper towards the centre and then roll forward to close the roll.
The wrapper will stick to itself. Refrigerate until ready to serve, and serve with peanut dipping sauce.
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth.