post type: craft
Perfect to add that extra touch to a Halloween outfit.
The Fairy Godmother’s wand is iconic, but how about adding some Halloween flair? This wand is perfect for a fancy dress party.
- Download Fairy Godmother Halloween Wand
- Regular paper or cardstock
- Long-handled wooden spoon
- Craft paint
- Small paintbrush or foam brush
- Craft paper (two shades of orange and brown for the pumpkin stem)
- Glue stick
- Glue dots
- Glitter glue and/or faux gems
- Curly ribbon and/or curled green floral wire
Paint the wooden spoon and set it aside to dry.
Print the template and use the pieces to cut out the shapes in the specified colours of paper. Note: younger kids may need some help cutting the grooves in the pumpkin overlay pieces.
Glue the overlay pieces and then the stems onto the pumpkin bases, keeping in mind that the pumpkins will be glued back-to-back so they should look like mirror images.
Place the wooden spoon with the handle facing down. Use glue dots to stick one of the pumpkins to the bowl of the spoon. Glue the other pumpkin to the flip side, matching up all of the edges with the first one. Use additional glue dots to stick the perimeters of the pumpkins together where needed.
Now your child can embellish the pumpkins with glitter glue and/or faux gems. For the finishing touch, glue or tie on curly ribbon "vines."